Over the years ACC has become known as a basketball conference. However there is some fantastic football being played. Lately powerhouses such as Florida and Miami State falling into mediocrity contenders have emerged to beat in the conference. Will the ACC play this year out? Let’s take a peek at what to expect with these football picks.
- Virginia Tech Hokies – Virginia Tech has rapidly become the dominant team in the ACC. They are still able to acquire a whole lot of games despite not having a Vick in their team for a couple of years now. Quarterback Tyrode Taylor is the best thing. He can throw the ball’s fast and is a leader. This is his first year to find the playing time all and he will not disappoint.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Coach Paul Johnson has attracted the Yellow Jackets back to the cusp of greatness in college football. They should compete with Virginia Tech for the conference championship. They are a bit less gifted than VT but not by much. Defending against the option is a proposal for teams and that is precisely what you need to do against Tech. They have got some top-notch recruits running the machine now and they need to be gold this year.
- North Carolina Tar heels – just a couple years back, the North Carolina football program was a joke. They were a second fiddle to the basketball program and it was known by everybody. While they have emerged from their basketball dynasty’s shadow, they are getting. Under Butch Davis’ coaching, the Tar heels have been changed into a competitor. Regardless of the reduction of Hakeem Nicks into the NFL draft’s first round, they will be talented.
- Florida State Seminoles – This was a terrible offense for the standing of Bobby Bowden and Florida State. They are mired in a cheating scandal that hurt recruiting in addition to could cost the Seminoles some wins that were previous. But for Helpful site season, they look like a team that is very good. They reunite a terrific offensive line and quarterback Christian Ponder. They need to have a strong defense and have playmakers at positions. This ranking could not do better than them if they live up to their potential.
- North Carolina State Wolfpack – While the Wolfpack did not really live up to expectations this past year, they seem to rebound this year with almost the identical team. They are a year older, more experienced a year and they are ready to roll. Their best player is quarterback Russell Wilson who was 1st team year. He must be a draft pick in addition to a stud this season. Their hopes all are resting and hoping that he can provide.